Saturday, September 24, 2005

Gorgeous Fall Day


You know, September and October are truly great times of the year here in good old Nova Scotia. It is warm in the daytime and cool at night for sleeping. The sun shines, the grass is green and the leaves start to turn all of those beautiful colours. What more could a person ask for?

Another week, another hurricane in the news. Isn't it time for this hurricane season to soon give up the ghost? Enough is enough.

Panic here on Tuesday when rumour had it that gas was going up to $1.78 a litre. Everyone was rushing out to fill up their tanks and it turned out to be just that, a rumour only. In the afternoon I called Carol at the station in Truro and asked her if the prices were really rising and she said that they had heard nothing from Ultramar about raising prices so I told everyone at work that it was probably not true and it wasn't. Ralph and I are still quite concerned about the cost of oil and realize that it is going to be a lot more expensive to stay warm this winter especially if we have as long as and as cold as a winter as we did last year. Oh well, we will just have to take what comes.

I will end this blog today by saying that my thoughts and best wishes go to Ethel in the hospital and I am sure she knows that we are all thinking of her and wishing only the best for her.


No comments: