Friday, September 02, 2005

Friday night, September 2nd

Sorry to anyone who checks this blog regularly as I haven't updated for awhile. It has been a difficult week. I certainly have nothing to complain about though compared to the people in the Gulf states of the U.S. The high price of gasoline- $1.38 a litre here in Halfax today- and the fact that it has been really busy at work is nothing compared to what some of them have been facing.

I find that it all gets me down sometimes and it is very hard to see the good in the world. I guess we must remember that the "world is full of suffering but it is also full of the ability to overcome it".

I am very disappointed in how the U.S. government has handled the crisis in New Orleans. I wonder if things would have been different if the stranded people had had more money or a different color skin. I really wish that I did not have to wonder about that.

For those of you who liked Rosie O'Donnell, she has a blog. It is rosie.com. Check it out.


No comments: