
So, it seems like everyone here in Halifax this weekend is getting ready for Ophelia, the tropical storm to hit. After hurricane Juan hit almost two years ago (September 30th, 2003) I think we are all a little shell-shocked. Ralph and I stopped for groceries on the way home from work yesterday and the Tantallon Sobey's was crazy. The checkout lady said that it had been that way all day. The worst of the rain and wind is expected to hit the South Shore. I will call Mom later to see if she has everything nailed down.
Check out Tricia's blog tomorrow as she will probably update it then on her trip this week. She and Joe went to Montreal on Thursday and Ottawa on Friday to attend the Pearl Jam concerts.
Joe's brother Tony who is training for the R.C.M.P. has got his first posting and it is Cochrane, Alberta which I am told is not far from Calgary.
I am on my way out the door to the Dartmouth campus of our College to go and proctor an exam for one of our Machinist apprentices. Here is another picture of Jake and his new friend Glen.
No comments:
Post a Comment