Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Wednesday, July 18 2007

Thank you everyone for contacting us either here on the blog or by phone. It is wonderful to know that so many people care. I am still in a bit of a fog I think. Ralph and I arrived back in Nova Scotia at about 3:00 p.m. yesterday. We had been up for about 24 hours by that point so we did not dare to try and drive 2 1/2 hours down to Barrington. We are going this morning as soon as Ralph wakes up.

I don't know what to say. It was such a shock to get the call, I know that it was going to happen sooner or later but it was just so sudden and I was so far away. It still seems so unreal.

I have to go, I will eventually put our trip up here but for now I just wanted to let you all know that we are safely home and to thank you for your kind words of comfort.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you got home safe. Will be thinking about you and you are in my prayers.
Love Margaret.

Anonymous said...

Good Morning, Doris, Sorry to hear about your Mom. Our deepest sympathy. A terrible way to cut short your holidays and that long trip home. Wish I was handy to give you a big hug, I know the next few days will be very difficult for you all. Will be thinking of you and God Bless, Love Flo & Fred

Anonymous said...

Doris, Ralph and Family, I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of all of you. Please let me know if there is anything I can do.
Shelley Hire

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you had a safe trip back home. Sorry to
hear about your mother.

We wish to send our sincere
sympathy in your loss. It is unbearable to lose one so close. May your heart always remember the joy and
love you shared.

Love
Carol Mooring, Mary Fulton
Jean Murphy, Louise Dunlap
Clarence & Carolyn Murphy

Anonymous said...

Hi Doris & family,
My condolences on the passing of your mother. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Take Care all!