Saturday, July 21, 2007

Saturday morning, July 21st

Hi Everybody,
It hardly seems possible that last Saturday I was in Liverpool England, running to get through the doors of the Beatles museum before they closed. Now here it is just one short week later and so much has changed.

Mama's service took place on Thursday at 2:00 p.m. The funeral hall was full of her family, neighbours and friends. Just what she would have loved, Mama liked lots of people around. The pastor spoke of her fondly and honestly and gave us a wonderful picture of the kind of woman she was. The songs were meaningful and lovely and I did my best to give a eulogy that honored her. We are going down again tomorrow for the committment at the gravesite.

I am off all of next week from work which was originally part of my plans anyways, before all of this happened. I think that most of you know that Trish and Joe will be leaving us again. Joe has a job in Oshawa, Ontario so they will be driving the U-Haul out of here next Sunday, the 29th. So many losses....all a part of life I know, but always hard to deal with.

I thank God for my large family at a time like this. With five brothers and sisters, brother-in-laws, sister-in-laws, Aunts, Uncles, cousins, friends and neighbours, there was never a time over the last few days that I could not find a hug when I needed one. Take care everybody. I will try and stay in touch as I get back to myself over the next little while.

No comments: