Sunday, April 15, 2007

The sun has finally come out!


Good Sunday morning everybody,

Beautiful sunny day here in Halifax this morning. I just said to Ralph that I don't remember when we last saw the sun. I think that I would title the picture here "Can we help Ralph?" That is Ralph assembling the new bar stools we got for our kitchen area and it looks like San and Jake are ready to help him:) Well actually San did help, Jake.....not so much.

I went down to Shelburne yesterday with San and spent a good day with Mom. We went out for lunch and did some visiting. Our first stop was Marty and Kim's in Jordan. They got a new computer and are now reading this blog so welcome aboard Kim, Marty and Kyle. Happy 9th Birthday to Kyle today. We then drove to Lockeport and had lunch at a diner there and then over to Surf Lodge to visit with Mom's friend Mildred. We had a lovely visit and I bought a pair of pretty yellow socks from Mildred. She spends a lot of her time knitting socks and slippers. She and Mom had a lot of catching up to do as they reminisced about going "yard saleing" on Saturday mornings etc. On the drive back to Shelburne Mom commented that she had not thought while she was in the hospital that she would ever see Mildred again so I am so glad that I took her down. All in all we had a great visit.

San and I got back here to Halifax around 6:30. Ralph had been up to the Branch visiting Jean and Louise and fishing for the first time this year. Now I don't know how he stood it out there fishing as it was so cold yesterday but I guess he probably didn't even feel the cold when he caught a couple and saw "a big one" or so he says:).

Housework today and then grocery shopping. I am booking our European trip tomorrow so am quite excited about that. Hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is Monday morning and we has woke to a winter wonderland again! Yuck! I'm ready for spring. Glad to hear someone is having some sunny weather. Have a good week.
Carla

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great visit with your mother, Doris. HI to Kim, "Barry", and Kyle. Doing a wash this am getting ready for my trip to Toronto, and last minute things to be done before I go. We went to Mount Stewart (other side of Charlottetown)yesterday for a delayed Easter dinner. I am sure you made a good job of putting the stools together, Ralph. Love Flo