Well here it is the start of the long Easter weekend. I really appreciate being a Provincial Government worker when you get Good Friday and Easter Monday as holidays. It has been such a long......cold winter here in the Maritimes that everyone has been looking forward to this long Spring weekend. However it doesn't seem like the Weatherman is going to co-operate and give us nice sunny, warm weather. It is hovering around freezing most days. Snow flurries yesterday and Ralph said that the wind was very cold when he walked Jake this morning.
The pictures were taken last weekend. We bought a new barbecue so the kids came out to try it out for supper. The other picture is Trish and her Dad playing the boxing game on her Nintendo Wii. Pretty funny.
Mom has agreed to come down this weekend so tomorrow morning Ralph and I will go pick her up and then take her back to Shelburne after dinner on Sunday. Can't get her to stay more than one night:) Hope everyone is going to enjoy their Easter with their family. The girls are going to come out for a barbecue on Monday. San has patients until six so it will be after that. When you have your own business as San does you get no extra long weekend so she doesn't have Monday off. They say that they are coming for the Barbecue but I think that it is really for the Easter candy. Speaking of Easter candy I cannot beleive the amount of choice for candy you have now in the stores. I remember as a kid having only those pastel coloured eggs with the icing sugar like filling and even when my girls were little it was a solid bunny and a few eggs, a bottle of bubbles and maybe a skipping rope. Now...they are going out with bicycles and other big ticket items as gifts for Easter. I really don't see how or where this commercialization of every religious holiday is going to stop. Oh well...someone is making a living off of it that is for sure.
Haven't heard from anyone much so don't have much news to write. Oh yeah, Ralph and I are planning a trip to the British Isles this summer. No details yet but when we have decided exactly when and all that I will have something to write about on here. I am going through the hassle of getting a passport( Dummy let her's run out). Got my picture done at Superstore yesterday for the passport...let's not go there. Suffice to say that it is not one of my better pictures :) I also applied for the Master of Education Program in Lifelong Learning at Mount Saint Vincent University here in Halifax. If I get accepted I would likely start taking courses part-time again in September. Keep your fingers crossed for me.
Well, "Happy Easter" everyone. I hope you have a great long weekend.
1 comment:
Happy Easter back to you all. Sounds like you will have a busy weekend. We went to church this morning and having TGIF tonight. Went to hockey game last night and our Caps won over Moncton and that clinched the Meek division. Now they play Truro of the Bent Division to see who comes out on top. Truro have a powerful team, so Summerside have their work cut out. Happy Easter again, Love Flo
Post a Comment