Saturday, December 16, 2006

More Christmas Trees



Christmas Eve is a week from tomorrow. I can hardly beleive it. There is no snow on the ground here in Nova Scotia and you can walk around outside most days with only a sweatshirt on. That, combined with everything going on with my Mother has made this Christmas seem a bit different to say the least . I want to thank everyone for sending their Christmas Tree pictures. I have been hearing that everyone has enjoyed seeing them. I think that it is a great way for everyone to feel a part of everyone's Christmas even though we can't be together. Tonight we have Marg's ( for my family that is Ralph's sister in Ontario) tree and also Rosie and George's (Ralph's brother in Alberta) tree which I am told was decorated by their granddaughters, Sierra and Harley. What a great job they did!

I just got back from the South Shore. My Mom is still in the hospital but doing as well or better than we expected. She saw the Oncologist yesterday and she is going to have one radiation treatment. The cancer in her bones is not causing her any problems at the moment but there is one spot that they want to zap because if it continues to grow it could paralyze her. She will be moved to a hospital only an hour from home next week which I hope translates into her getting more visitors and more phone calls. She gets very lonely and really looks forward to the visits.

I must go. I was only away two days but being at the hospital all day and then trying to do all of the housework and cook for my uncle who is now living alone in the family home has tired me out. Talk to you all later. Take care and enjoy the time leading up to Christmas.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks again Doris for posting more Christmas trees, it was a great idea. Fred has gone out to pick Jim up and they were going to Rustico to view some Christmas lights tonight. Cheers for now, Flo

Anonymous said...

It is great seeing all the christmas trees.Thanks. My prayers are with you and your mother.
Love Margaret.

Anonymous said...

All the trees look nice. Glad we could see them. Have a great Christmas, I can't believe that it is almost here. I know that everyone doesn't agree with me but I would love some snow for Christmas. We are thinking about your Mom.

Carla