Saturday, December 23, 2006

Merry Christmas Everyone


Good morning everybody. Doesn't that sound like more than 10 of you read this blog:) I was busy yesterday as you can see from the side picture. That is what 102 eggrolls looks like. They should last over the Christmas season.

Having you guys send me pictures of your Christmas trees was a great idea. Several of you have told me you enjoyed the opportunity to see the other trees. Why not send me more of your Christmas pictures and I will put them up here for all to enjoy.

I guess we are going to definitely have a green Christmas. No snow to be seen here in Halifax. When I went out this morning to get the paper there was something in the air. It was ice pellets I guess but there is not much to it. Trish and Joe are coming out today for Christmas. We were at her apartment last night with Joe's parents for a nice little get together. Trish and I are going to brave the crowds and go to SuperStore around 8 or 9 tonight to get all the groceries to last over Christmas. Hopefully everyone will be done by then.

Mom came to Halifax for a radiation treatment on Wednesday. They are concerned with one tumor on her spine so they wanted to zap that as soon as possible. She is doing well, eating well and feeling stronger. She will be in the hospital over Christmas and we don't know what is really going to happen after that. We are hoping she will be moved to the hospital closer to home. That will make it easier for people to visit, it certainly will for me as it will cut off two hours of a round trip. So far we have been blessed with good weather as we make all of these trips to Yarmouth but that is not going to last for ever.

I must go and start some housework and get the house all spiffy for Christmas. In case I don't get back on here before Christmas I want to wish you all a very merry christmas and the best in the new year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW you have been busy. What a great photo of the egg rolls, makes me drool.Not sure what is up for today Fred has been gone since 6.30 this morning working on the curling ice. I took the turkey out to thaw, and I guess I should be like you Doris, spiff up the place a bit. A toi et a ta famille, tous mes, voeux pour un beau Noel! Feliz Navidad to the Murphys.

Anonymous said...

That is a lot of egg rolls. Having all my family here for christmas dinner so also have been doig some baking. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Love Margaret.

Anonymous said...

The egg rolls look great! Have a Merry Christmas. Mom is coming for dinner tonight and then the 6 of us are going to church. Hope Santa is good to everyone.
Love Carla