Saturday, November 10, 2007

Remembrance Day Snow 2007

I took this shot about an hour ago here in Halifax. Carolyn, and the rest of the NSCC crew, if you are looking at this in Nashville I can just hear you laughing.
Anywho....this is what we have here in great old Halifax on this Saturday night in November. Ralph and I are curled up here in the warm house though snug as bugs in rugs :-)
I know that it will melt by Monday and this will just be a bad memory. Jake wants to go out every 1/2 hour and roll in the snow and then bring it back in. That is a problem because he brings the snow in with him and I don't like cleaning up the mess. However he is a dog and he has few pleasures in life so if this is one I say let him go to it. :-) Just spoke with Flo on the Island and they have no snow (yet!). She is getting ready for her trip to Hawaii. Lucky lady. Hopefully she will be able to send some pictures and I will post them here.
I would like to post the pictures here of everyone's Christmas decorations this year. You can send pictures of the outside of your house, your tree, whatever. I think everyone likes to see what everyone else has done for Christmas especially as we seldom get to each others' homes at Christmas.
I hope that N.S. Power is more on the ball this weekend and we don't lose our power again this weekend. We were lucky, we didn't lose it at all but poor Mom and Louise lost theirs from early Sunday morning until 11:30 a.m. on Tuesday.
Ralph just got back from Ottawa last night and he leaves Monday night for Newfoundland. Another week alone for Jake and I.
I will be posting soon about an exciting trip I may be taking next May with the College where I work. It is not a for sure thing yet but when it is I will let you know all about it.
Gonna go upstairs now and look out to see if it is still snowing. For those of you who will be out tomorrow participating in Remembrance Day ceremonies I hope that the weather where you are co-operates.

IN FLANDERS FIELDS the poppies blow
Between the crosses row on row,
That mark our place; and in the sky
The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.
We are the Dead.
Short days ago We lived,
felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
Loved and were loved,
and now we lie In Flanders fields.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HI, we did get some snow around 11 pm last night, wind very high, by the time we got up, things were starting to melt. AND then the rains began. Val and I went to church, and Fred went to the Legion to prepare for the parade to the cenotaph. After Summerside, Traveller's Rest and St Eleanor's , he arrived home very cold and wet, but a good hot bath and a glass of wine, he was good to go. Watching the football games, My Montreal team lost, and so far my Sask. Roughriders are ahead, but a long way to go yet. Gary is at the game, but with thousands there, I am sure I will not find him in the crowd. Moncton got a fair amount of snow, so we feel real lucky here on the Island. But I am sure in the morning we will be back to green grass. Take care, Love Flo