Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Enough of the Snow...Let's Think about Summer

So, let's talk about the 6th Murphy Family Reunion which Ralph tells me is only about 187 days away. July 31st- Aug 3rd, in South Branch, Nova Scotia. Be there or be square....

So the emails have been flying hot and heavy about the reunion.
Here's what Ralph tells me is going to be going on:
Easter in August.

Make your own Easter bonnet for the Easter Parade, this includes you males as well. (P.S. Ralph has already started on his you guys so you better get busy).

Easter Egg Hunt

Easter Bunny Hop (3 legged race)

Coloring Contest (Easter Bunny) for the kids, or older if you so desire.

Coloring Easter Eggs (prizes for each category)

Road Rage Rally

Washer Toss Tournament

Golf

And many other activities. And keeping with the Easter theme , we will have Ham & Yams. Pancakes one morning with special homemade sauces contest (prize for the best sauce/syrup).

Gee, sounds like fun doesn't it! All the people reading this blog who are not Murphys will want to come :-)
I will be leaving for my Asia trip in less than 100 days. I leave Halifax on April 30th and return to Halifax on May 27th. I can't wait to blog from Pkuket, Thailand or Hanoi, Vietnam. We are going to Beijing , China also and since they are hosting the Summer Olympics this year that city should be quite exciting. Hope I am able to breathe as I hear that the smog there is pretty bad.
The worst part of this international travelling for me is that I have to go and get shots on Thursday.. Hepatitis, tetanus, maybe typhoid fever and I don't know what else. Oh well, if I have to do it, I have to do it.
Okay that is it for today, talk to you all again soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

On line checking out the weather, it is 4;11 am and getting ready to head to Florida. Hope everyone stays well and warm. Be back on the Island 4 March. Love Flo

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun trip except for the needle part.
We are looking forward to seeing everyone at the reunion.

Carla