Friday, May 26, 2006

Bluenose Marathon

The Third Bluenose Marathon was held here in Halifax on Sunday, May 21st. Sandra and her roommate Sarah started running with a running club about six weeks ago to prepare to run the 5K portion of the marathon. Of course Ralph the Runner could not let his daughter run without him so he went in it too. They all finished and had a great time. That is Sandra in the orange bandana and Sarah beside her in the light blue jacket. Ralph is way on the far left of the picture. It looks like he is behind them but actually he had finished and went back to run in with one of another friend of San's Andrea. Congratulations to you all. You done good.

Ralph is in the air from Ottawa as I type this. Just Jake and I here today. I rented a movie, Prozac Nation so must go watch it. Have a great weekend everyone.. Does anyone in Ontario read this blog anymore? I never hear from any of you so I thought maybe you have stopped reading it because my postings have become so few and far between.

Joke of the day:
A man is in the hospital waiting for a brain transplant. The doctor comes in and says okay you can have a woman's brain for $1000.00 or a man's brain for $10,000.00. The guy says, "Why is the woman's brain so cheap?' Doc says "Because it's used."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Aunt Doris
Yes I am still reading your blog from Ontario. Things are busy here getting ready for a guiding camp this coming weekend. We are going to cat world in Orno for a night safari.
The girls and I just signed up for a 3K walk. We are doing it at Algonquin park on Canada Day.

Take Care
Carla