I'm sure that all of you in the family have heard by now that I am going to be a Grandmother. Oh, and Ralph is going to be a Grandfather also :-) Trish and Joe are expecting their first child on December 18th. Up to now, the best Christmas present I have ever had for sure. As you would expect I am very excited, proud and can't wait for the birth.
At the same time I am worried. Worried, you say, but why? Well, I have been talking about being a grandmother for so long, in fact some people may say that I have been whining about it. What if I don't do a good job? I don't know how to be a good grandmother. I didn't know how to be a mother either actually, I just winged it. The girls tell me I did okay but they may just be saying that. All I know that I will be able to do is love this little one unconditionally. I will be looking at baby's little face to see if I can see any resemblance to anyone in my birth family as I am sure Ralph, Irene and Bob will be doing. We don't know what he/she will look like, or act like, whether he/she will love ice cream like my Mom did or if they will love to fish like the maternal grandfather or tat like the maternal great-grandmother. Maybe he/she will get the "Smart" genes and become the next Prime Minister of Canada.
So many possibilities are open to this little one and so many people waiting to meet and love him/her.
Trish sent us an email to tell us she was pregnant. I saw the first picture of my grandchild in an email so I guess that it is only fitting that the first words that I write about this child would be on the Internet. I will keep you up to date of course on how things are going with the baby but just a few words about another important event in the Murphy's life. Ralph has officially retired from the Canadian Armed Forces after 39 years and 8 months. We had quite the party on Saturday. Thanks to everyone who was there and those who sent their best wishes.
I think that this post has gone on long enough. Hope that your weather is a lot better this summer than ours has been here in N.S.
Friday, July 03, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
aww you made me cry... mind you I have a lot of extra hormones :)
You will be a wonderful grandmother and I am so happy my baby already has so many people that love it.
Yeah!
I love reading nothing but good news.
It is a good news time for our family
Lets enjoy it
Sandra
Glad to know you are doing the blog again. I keep going on but nothing so Carla told me you were back.
Happy that you are going to be a grandma.
Love Margaret.
Post a Comment