I won't apologize this time for being gone so long. I am trying to decide if anyone reads this blog that doesn't keep up with my daily life on Facebook. However, going on the notion that there is at least one person out there eagerly hanging on and waiting for my next post here, I will try and update this again on a regular basis.
So, it has been a hell of a winter here in Nova Scotia. Lots of cold, lots of snow and lots of people who wished they lived in Florida :-) We are in the midst of another storm as I type. Ralph and I were let out of work early so thankfully we beat the worst of the driving home on the messy roads. Right now Ralph is out with the snowblower and Jake is out on the back deck rolling in the snow (he loves the snow).
We are all doing well down here other than the terrible winter. Ralph has been travelling a lot but he is home now until mid March. He is going to really, really retire on June 13th. Big retirement bash here in Halifax sometime this summer. Will put more details on here as I get them. Ralph and I still plan to retire in Barrington but it will not be until I retire which is September 2013.
Oh, I know the big news! Ralph and I are going to Honolulu, Hawaii on February 23rd. Just for a week but I can't wait. We will be staying on Waikiki Beach and hope to visit Pearl Harbour, volcanos, and take a helicopter tour of the Islands , and of course a luau. I had better start practicing my ukulele :-) Well everyone, bye for now. I will be back on the weekend. Take care.
Tuesday, February 03, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Doris, just thought I would check in with your blog. I do get your news from facebook and phone calls. I talked to Ralph after you can home from the beautiful Island of Hawaii, wasn't the weather excellent? I told Fred back in 1981 that I could live there year around. Talk to you soon, Love Flo
Post a Comment