Hello Everyone,
I am writing this from the hotel lobby in Phuket as the rain pours down outside. Yes...it is a warm rain but it is rain nontheless. It has put a damper on what we are doing today. Laurie and I were going to go downtown for a bit but it was too wet for us.
We just got back at supper time yesterday from our little wilderness jaunt. We drove four hours from here to the other side of the Island and took a long boat to the little island of Koh Pu. I think that if you type in Koh Pu, Thailand into search there is a webpage. It was quite an experience. It was like camping at Kejii only the bugs were bigger, it was hotter and damper and I think we had a monkey in our cabin on the last night. Only had electricity from 6 p.m. until 10 p.m.
We have to be up and on the way to the airport at 7 a.m. tomorrow morning. We fly back to Bangkok and then on to Hanoi, Vietnam. Hope that it is not as rainy there. I am waiting for my laundry to come back here to the hotel. We all sent some laundry out to be done as our clothes were in bad shape from Koh Pu.
Gotta go. I try to stay in touch by checking the weather on the weather network and the Halifax herald site. Hope everyone is staying well. I am so far and things are going well. Feeling a tad homesick today and I think that it is because I have not been busy enough today to keep my mind off it. Bye for now.. Next update from Vietnam. Have lots of pictures by the way. I am going to do up a presentation and will show at the Family Reunion in August.
Saturday, May 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good Morning Doris. We are having a dark day, with a Promise of rain, hurrah Ugh. But hey, we are in better shape than some places. Glad you will be able to have a showing of your trip at the ReUnion, We had plan to go to the cottage today, but think that will wait another day. No hurry. Take care of yourself and Happy Mother's Day to you. Love Ya Flo
Post a Comment