Saturday, May 31, 2008

Getting back to Normal















Well almost back to normal. It is 4:30 a.m. on Saturday morning and I am in the basement writing this blog so that is not quite normal. I can fall asleep at the right time now but I still am waking up way too early! Here are some more pictures. The one on the left is yours truly on the Great Wall of China. That was quite an experience. It was just last Sunday that I was standing there. It is high noon and the temperature is about 37 degrees Celcius. The climb was quite steep but four of us made it up the wall to the seventh tower.
The middle picture is of the wonderful group of students that I worked with for the entire week that I was in Shizazhuang. They are all very sweet kids. The picture on the right is taken in the Forbidden City which is located next to Tianeman Square in Bejing.
I have lots of pictures that I am going to put together into a slide show and will show at the Murphy Family Reunion in August. Speaking of the Murphy family, we just found out yesterday that Leonard Wilcox, (Ralph's cousin, Aunt Esther's son from Stewiacke), passed away Thursday night. The funeral is tomorrow and we will go up. Flo is coming over from the Island for the funeral also. I think that she is going to stay over Sunday night with us.
Saw San and Andrew's new flat yesterday. Very nice. Nice big rooms, lots of storage and a working fireplace. Lots of nice dark wood and plenty of windows to let the light in. She loves it as well she should. It is very convenient to work for both of them.
The sun is slowly rising here so I guess now I can go put on the coffee, haha. Ralph is going fishing with Doug up in the Branch today. He is leaving on Thursday for his annual fishing trip with the boys to Deer Lake, Newfoundland.
Talk to you soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

and here I thought I was up early...

Great photos! I think I'm going through Koh Pu withdrawal.
~Amy

Anonymous said...

Doris the pics are great. Hope you soon get back on NS time. See you later today at Leonard's funeral.

Anonymous said...

SO Mom, What is Koh Pu?