Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Good Tuesday morning

Well I am posting from beautiful Cornwallis, Nova Scotia. I am here for a week long conference. Got here Sunday afternoon and leaving Friday to go back to Halifax. The conference center is the old military training base. I may be staying in the same building that Ralph lived in during his basic training back in 69. The weather has been rainy and misty...not cooperating at all. This would be such a beautiful place to walk outside if it was only sunny. The center is right on the water, the Bay of Fundy.

So today is the first day of Spring. It doesn't really look like it or feel like it here but hopefully it does for some of you. Velvet is bringing Drew down to be checked out at the IWK this morning and I heard on the news that the strike is over so they won't have to cross any picket lines to get in the hospital.

We have free passes available to us here to go to the new fitness center that just opened in March. I went down yesterday and did some running and walking on the treadmill and some free weights. What a nice place. All of the equipment is brand new and everything looks and smells new.

Gotta go, our morning session is starting in a few minutes. Will check in later in the week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear from you Doris, from the "Bay of Fundy". Hope you are enjoying the conference. We were to Cornwallis when Dean graduated back in 1988, I believe, and have been back around that area a few years back. Beautiful country. Enjoy. Love Flo