Monday, May 21, 2007

Bluenose Marathon
















I survived!! Well, here you go. A couple of pictures of yesterday. Bottom is San and I just as we are coming up to the finish line for the 13.1 mile 1/2 marathon. Top picture is my race number and finish medal. Note the bad condition of the paper number. Well it was soaked through many times between the sweat and the rain. Our official time was 3:22 which was fine as we were aiming for between 3:00 and 3:30 hours. I did not come in last...apparently from the official stats I beat 15 other women between 50-59. Having said that I must say that 93 beat me:)


It was a miserable wet day but the sun did come out in the afternoon once it was all over. I was pretty dehydrated so felt quite sick most of the afternoon, nauseous and dizzy. I am fine today though. My legs are a little stiff but other than that everything is a okay.


Ralph did really well in the 5k. His time was 25 minutes and he took third place for the 50 - 59 year olds. Here is a picture of what he won...a hat:) Anywho I just wanted to post today to let everyone know I did it and I am still alive:) Another life goal acheived. What next I wonder?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So proud of you all., the weather was the pits, so that sure did not add to it, but fight to the end is the motto. Most people would not be able to do what you did, so keep smiling. Love Flo

Anonymous said...

Great job on the marathon to all three of you.

Carla