Saturday, April 22, 2006

Poor Jakie

Here is our poor Baby after his surgery on his knee. Not only is his whole leg shaved but as you can see the hair is gone on the right front paw also and he has a patch off his back where they put in the epidural. He is walking on it and he is peeing, eating and sleeping so I guess he will be okay.

Joe built a ramp on the steps out on the deck so that Jake can get up and down to go to the bathroom. At first we did not think that he would go on it at all but he has now gotten used to it and will walk up and down the ramp pretty well. We have pain medication that we put on his food once a day so either that is doing the trick or he has no pain because he does not seem to be in any distress.

I don't know how we are going to keep him as inactive as possible for two months but that is what the vet wants us to do. He can only go outside on the leash and for two months no walks, no daycare, no playing with the ball etc. etc. But, after that he should be back to his old self and be able to do everything he was doing before.

I have finished university!!! All I have to do now is wait to make sure that my name appears on the graduation list and I am good to go. I am getting my grad picture done on Tuesday night. Some of them will have the whole family in it so I will scan and post here.

Must go, little tired tonight as we were down home today and back and that is a 2.5 hour drive one way. San went to do a clinic in Shelburne and Ralph and I went and put a down payment on a piece of land in Barrington Passage. We are going to build our retirement home there in three years.

Bye for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, it looks like Jakie went through the mill, but the good thing I am sure he will be as good as new. He is probably wondering why he can't go for his walks, etc. Congrats, Doris , you are no longer a student, well done, we are proud of you. Love Flo & Fred