


So here we were minding our own business, appreciating having no snow for all of the running around that you have to do at this time of year and then BAM! A nor'easter hit us last night. I was at the Mount writing my last exam and was very glad that I had snow tires on when I left there at 8:30 p.m. I got home safely then had to wait for Ralph and San to make it. "We left the Metro Centre at 9:30 and didn't get home until 10:30! We were in Dad's truck with Winter radials and 4X4 so we were laughing at the other cars spinning out however we couldn't laugh long when they got in our way. Dad is a good driver though and we plowed along the highway 102 at 40Km an hour looking straight into the blowing snow. The medians and other peoples brake lights were the only things keeping us out of the ditch! All was well though until we were waiting to turn onto Hammonds Plains Road and we could see ahead up the hill people halfway up and at a standstill! Where to go? We couldn't turn around or the trip home would be another two hours long. An 18-wheeler had jackknifed after trying to avoid a van off the road and the tow-truck trying to get him out and then once people stop moving on the hill they couldn't get going again, we just waited, they moved enough to get out of the way and we were truckin along again. I had a rum and eggnog and Dad had a beer when we finally got home"
The first picture was taken from the front door just before we went to bed at midnight last night, just before we lost power. The next one is when we got up this morning two hours after the power came back on.
3 comments:
Wow that's a lot of snow. I'm glad everyone made it home safe. Lets hope you get no more snow until after the 22nd ;)
Glad all made it home safe. Just got home from the hospital. It is at least 1.42 am, and we are just trying to get things organized for our flight home tomorrow. Love the H's.
Lots of snow glad everyone got home okay.
Love Margaret
Post a Comment