Saturday, March 15, 2008

Thirty-four Years ago

Ralph and I were married 34 years ago tomorrow. March 16th was on a Saturday in 1974. There was not as much snow on the ground in Nova Scotia on that day in '74 as there is today. I was 20 years old and Ralph was 22. We thought we knew everything and had done everything and had seen everything :-) Funny, now that we look back on it. We were just kids.

Thankfully the kids made it. Lots of times it doesn't work this long. Now we have been together so long that I think we both can't remember what our lives were like without the other in it. Thank God most days that we know each other so well. We are becoming so forgetful that we are finding that between the two of us we do remember most things :-)

What else is going on....well, we are going out to to supper and to the casino tomorrow night. You may recall that last year on our anniversary we did that and both Ralph and I won around $600.00 each. Maybe we can repeat this year.

Countdown is on for my trip to Asia....44 more days. Ralph is getting in his supply of hotdogs and Kraft dinner so that he will be well supplied for suppers while I am gone. Speaking of suppers...I cooked a turkey for supper tonight. I have started cooking my turkeys upside down on a rack in the roasting pan and I cannot believe how much moister they are, cooked that way.

Okay folks, I guess that is all I have to say tonight. Take care, remember Spring is on the way and this long, long, winter is almost over.

Doris

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to you both. And Yes I do remember your wedding day. Hope you had a nice dinner and how did the gambling go? Sunny day here on the Island, getting ready to go to church. Doris you must be keyed up about your trip. It will be very unique, and I know you will enjoy every minute. Looking forward to seeing you both this weekend. Love Flo

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary and hope that you have many more years together.

Love Carla