Friday, March 28, 2008

Hey, it's Spring outside. Someone forgot to tell the weather Guys!




I took these pictures from the back door and the front door just now. I CANNOT BELIEVE IT! We have officially had 5 and 1/2 months of miserable, nasty, snowy, cold, dark, dreary, mind numbing, horrible, winter. But...I am not bitter.
I spent the day with the group from the Asia Field School. We spent the day talking about Thailand, Vietnam and China. The hot weather, the beautiful things we would see and the great food we would have. All that time I am stealing glimpses out the window at the snow that fell from the time we got there until I left at 4:30 p.m. Ralph, of course being Ralph, worried himself sick until I got home. Lots of cars off the road but I went slow, have my snow tires on and didn't take any unnecessary chances. Can I go to Asia tomorrow???? I am so sick of this winter that I can't tell you.
Anywho....on to more news. Ralph has his "Easter Bonnet" done and has told me that I might as well not bother to do one as I will never live up to his. We'll see about that. We were at Flo and Fred's on the Island for Easter. Still lots of snow on the ground there but the Easter Bunny still made it through.
Sarah May has started an Esthetician course (pedicures, manicures, facials etc.). I told her that she should set a booth up at the reunion. She could make a few pennies and get some good practice. What do you think???
I am going to a conference in Ontario next week. I leave Friday, the 4th. The conference is from Friday - Sunday in Hamilton. Sunday evening I will go to Tricia and Joe's and stay until Tuesday when I fly back to N.S. Can't wait to see Trish.
San is in Shelburne tonight. She had her clinic in Barrington today and has a clinic in Shelburne tomorrow. Thankfully, the snow is to stop at midnight so she should be okay to drive back tomorrow evening.
Ralph and I are going to the "Ideal Home Show" tomorrow at Exhibition Park. We need to get some ideas and make some decisions as we have set the date of Ralph's retirement and our move to Barrington for summer of '09. We have a lot of decisions to make about what we are going to build for our last retirement home. We change our minds every week it seems.
Well, that's it folks. I am going to put my pyjamas on and try not to look out the windows.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doris, saw your blog and the snow, so of course I couldn't wait to phone Ralph and say WHAt the H--- is going on. But as I told him we have not received a snowflake, but we have so much on the ground, that your snow will be long gone, and ours will still be melting. Boy, Mother Natue sure keeps us on our toes. Fred was out to the cottage yesterday while us girls were out for a birthday lunch. Said things are melting, no snow on the deck or around the cottage. Spring is suppose to be here. I am still waiting. Love Flo

Anonymous said...

We had a beautiful sunny day yesterday and today but there is a freezing rain warning for tonight. I am ready for spring....right now.
The booth for the reunion sounds fun to me. What girls doesn't like some pampering once in awhile?
Hopefully your snow won't last long. We have lot's still if you need some more.

Love Carla