Thursday, August 30, 2007

What shall we talk about today




Everytime that I come down here to the basement and log on here I think....I must update my blog. Then I think, well, I don't really have anything to say so days go by and I don't update it. So I will type something here tonight even if it is trivial.

Let's start off with something not so trivial. Ralph was told on Tuesday that he had been nominated this year's "Air Reservist of the Year". He will receive a plaque and all of that jazz at the convention that we are attending in October. Yeah for Ralph!!!! Very proud of him, he deserves it. The convention as I said is in Ottawa and it is from Friday, the 12th until Sunday the 14th. We couldn't go to Ontario without dropping in on Trish and Joe so we are going to fly to Ottawa on Tuesday the 9th, pick up a rental car and drive up to Oshawa. We will stay with the younguns until Friday and then go back to Ottawa for the weekend. Should be fun between seeing the kids and Ralph being all honored and what have you.

What else.....Oh, I am going to see Colm Wilkinson at the Rebecca Cohn in October. For those of you who know and love Andrew Lloyd Webber musicals this will mean something, for the rest of you probably you could care less or are saying "who is Colm Wilkinson?".

Ralph and I are going up to South Branch on Saturday to attend a potluck in celebration of Martha Jean Murphy's 91st birthday. Wow!!! I will probably never make that, I don't live as clean a life :-)

I have purposely not told you anything about the picture here. Do you know who Elvis and one of his girlfriends is?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Uncle Ralph. Say hi to Grandma for us and give her a birthday hug and kiss from me when you are at South Branch. Love the picture of Elvis, his girlfriend sent me a picture earlier.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, Doris, and I know who Elvis is. Love Flo

Anonymous said...

Yes, great picture of Elvis.
Flo is kind of partial to
him also.