Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Jake is shaved again




Hi Everybody,


Well, here he is. He always looks a lot smaller when he is first shaved. The other shaved person is Trish of course. My sister Velvet is training to be a hairdresser and she cut Trish's hair Saturday night and straightened it. This is the first time in a long time that I have seen Trish with straight hair. Of course as soon as she washed it it was curly again.
I am listening to a video on YouTube. It is Sinead O'Connor singing Make me a Channel of Your Peace. Now God knows that I am not a religious person but this is the most beautiful song and her version is one of the best I have ever heard. I first heard this song at Lady Di's funeral. Here it is if you want to hear it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAo_CgwdkPY. This is another song I found on YouTube. I had never heard of the guy, John Prine but I do have a CD of the girl, Iris Dement. The song is hilarious, Ralph said it sounds just like us. Maybe it should not be played around children as the words are a little raunchy here and there :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5axlwCBXC8
Anyways that is what I have been doing, finding songs on the Internet. I swear to God that you can find anything on here. Ralph just got in from mowing. Turned out to be a beautiful day today. Supposed to rain overnight and be nice again tomorrow. Velvet and Donna and Chris were here for the weekend. We went yard saleing...I know, I know that is not a word...and then Trish, Joe and Donna's son Barret came out for a barbecue and a rousing game of Cranium.
Only a month and we'll be off to Europe. Can't wait.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Aunt Doris
We think Jake looks a lot different with his hair shaved. He would be a lot cooler though.

Erin, Tori and Jessica