Ralph and I drove to the Ovens provincial park today. All these years we've lived here in Nova Scotia and we had never been there. The park is located just beyond Lunenburg. It is very pretty along there. There is a path in the park that you walk along the cliffs and can look over at several lookoff points and see the caves (ovens) that are situated there. We took some pictures but I will have to scan them before I can put them on here as they were taken with our "ordinary" camera not the digital.
One interesting side note. They are filming a movie here in Halifax with Tom Selleck and they were setting up a scene at the Ovens today that will be shot tomorrow. It will be a car going over a cliff. I was speaking with one of the producers and he said that they have to have the car stripped (of any pollutants) and after the shoot they are responible for removing it from the ocean. Well, that is it for my update for today.
One more thing, I was working on an assignment for my English class and one stumped me. Tricia got it for me. The assignment was called "Christmas Carol jargon" and here is an example. What is "Listen, the foretelling spirits harmonize." It is Hark, the Herald Angels Sing. Here is the one I could not get. Email me if you know this one "The thing manifested itself a the onset of a transparent intense darkness" and how about this "Valentino, the roseate proboscis wapiti".
Later,
Monday, August 01, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment