Well, here it is the day of my 56th birthday. It is difficult for me to even believe that I am that old. I know that everyone says it but I feel no different than I did when it was say my 26th, 36th or 46th birthday. What are the good things about turning 56?
Well, for one I am here to celebrate it in reasonably good health, with all of my family in good health and looking forward to seeing my first grandchild. I have friends and family who were not fortunate enough to even turn 56 so I am thankful for that.
Another good thing is that it puts me closer to the time when I can say good-by to paid work and do every day only what I want to do.
I am much clearer in my mind as to what is important in life. Trying to impress others, letting other's opinions influence what I do and say more than my own.....all of that is behind me. I am confident that I know what is good for me and I don't really listen to other's advice.
So many things that seemed important when younger no longer seem that way. Simple pleasures such as good food, music, good company and a good book are what I enjoy these days.
I will end this post by saying that I will post again next August 16th with my 57 year old thoughts.
1 comment:
Brilliant!
So nice to watch you come into your own the last few years Mom,
makes a daughter proud!
Sandra
Post a Comment