Monday, April 28, 2008

Goodbye my Blogger Friends

So, the time has come. I leave in 36 hours for Asia. I can hardly believe that it is finally here. I must tell you this funny thing that I did tonight. I had it in my head that I could only have 15 pounds in my one piece of checked in luggage. So, I came home tonight, put everything into my backpack ( a big one, the one San took on her European tour), and put it on and weighed myself. It was 20 pounds. Panic city....what to do. I started taking out what I thought I could possibly live without. Still .5 pounds over. Now I am really panicking because there is no way I can live on any less for a month.

Then, finally my brain kicked in. It is 15 kilograms not 15 pounds. 15 kilograms is like 30 pounds. :-) I was one happy camper let me tell you when I figured that out. Now I am busily looking for more stuff to put in.
I will be posting on here as I can . Take care all of you. I will be safe and I will be back in Canada on May 27th. Stay tuned to this blog for updates . I found this on youtube and decided that whatever side of the street our hotel in Hanoi, Vietnam is on is where I will stay..
See what I mean. :-) Take care all, I will be in touch.
Doris

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! that is some video , can't imagine, the only thing most of them are bikes. I am like you probably stay on the one side. Have fun, Love Flo